Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bring your Emotions to Work Day

Today is Bring Your Child to Work Day. Thankfully, I work in a part of the building where it's not all around me. I love kids and actually ran this program for a previous company before I was married and think it's a great opportunity for kids to see where mommy and daddy go every day.

I've seen a few kids around the office today and felt the familiar pangs of envy and sadness grip my heart. I think, despite everything we've been through, I still love being around kids and it really bothers me that I feel any sadness at all in their presence.

But, Glenn made me feel better. He saw kids in his office and wondered how I was doing and called to check-in on me. That was the sole purpose of his call. Gotta love that man!!

2 comments:

Familyofthree said...

Thankfully working in a hospital that was NOT an option...oh but did I mention its a CHILDRENS HOSPITAL? Its bring the kids to my work EVERYDAY. Ugh.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

It's so interesting--I've always been a teacher and we didn't really have this program there so I never thought about it. I think I would have taken it as a mental health day.