Monday, June 30, 2008

So, let me clarify...

I swear, I am not trying to be negative here and the definite piece of information we got from the hematologist is good - the part about the kind of the anti-M antibody I have not being the one that is a problem in pregnancy!

But, we haven't really been cleared yet for IVF #6 in August just yet. First of all, the "theory" that the hematologist has about the mycoplasma infection and the cold agglutinin disease needs to be proven. Assuming the gallons of blood she took last week do prove that, then, yes, we will be cleared by her, but, we won't know that until later this week.

And, we need to know what, if anything is going on with my heart. I'll be having all of those tests next week. They would have been sooner except that dastardly institution known as insurance denied 2 of the tests the cardiologist ordered. Apparently, having low pressure in your legs AND chest pains (albeit, chest pains that now seem to be completely under control since starting the GERD medicine) does not mean you need important tests if you are a 39 year old woman who "shouldn't" have a heart issue. Well, the doctors office fought, the insurance company convened a panel, and has, as of this writing, approved one of the 2 previously denied tests, and we're expecting the other approval later today.

Assuming we get good results from both the hematologist and the cardiologist THEN we will be able to move forward in August. Still saying lots of prayers here.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone is going to get things resolved its you Lisa! Happy to hear at least one of the two tests have been approved already.

Ms Heathen said...

This must be a very worrying time for you, Lisa.

Please know that I am wishing and hoping that all goes well with this next round of tests, and that you will able to move forward with your next cycle in August.

Sasha & Mark said...

I'm glad 1 out of 2 are resolved. I hate insurance, but it is great your docs are pushing this for you. kudos to you for being so proactive. I'm hoping for the best for you in August.

Wishing 4 One said...

I am so hoping all is cleared up for number six for you in August. I too am contemplating when to start with number six myself. Thinking of you and hoping all is pushed right along.