Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just the facts, ma'am!

I know, I still haven't told you about my reaction to the donor profile. But, things have been so crazy and a lot has happened, so, a quick update and then I'll post again as soon as I get a chance.

First, the great news! We lost that first house we put a bid on....but.....drumroll please.....we found another one that just came on the market on Friday, saw it on Sunday, put an offer in Sunday night, and the owner accepted on Monday. We got a house!! Hopefully all will go smoothly and we'll be in on May 1!! Yes, we have to be out of this house on 3/23. My mother is giddy (almost a little too giddy, lol!) at the thought of her little girl moving back home for 5 weeks, especially with the possibility of her (me, the daughter - not my mother!) being pregnant!!

We got our calendar and will be doing our donor egg cycle, most likely, in March! I say most likely because, when I got the calendar, I asked them to push it back 2 weeks, into early April, in case we were moving right from this house into another house as it all would have been the same week as retrieval and transfer. Now that we're not moving in anywhere yet, I've asked them to reinstate the original calendar.

Now, for the crummy news. Remember I told you that we were under the impression that we had 2 IVF's left on our insurance, but, my policy does not cover a DE cycle, but, that was OK because we still had one left on Glenn's insurance? Well, they denied us today, too. Apparently, although I had confirmed with them no fewer than 3 times, they are counting my first IVF towards their limit, even though it was done under a totally different insurance carrier. We have the agent fighting it and we WILL appeal this (clearly, 3 people gave me WRONG information over the last several years), but, we're not going to let this hold us up, so, we're going to be paying for a DE cycle, which is significantly more than a regular IVF. I know how many people have no coverage and I am eternally grateful that we have had any coverage, but, we made decisions based on information I'd been given and now the rules are being changed in the middle of the game and that just ticks me the hell off.

But, I'm not letting that bring me down off the new house high! Now I just have to get serious about packing!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations!!!! You have so many new beginnings on the horizon! Very exiciting!
Sorry about the ins - stick with it though - it is worth the fight!

Beautiful Mess said...

Congratulations on your house!!! That's GREAT news! Fight with that insurance company! Good luck!

shiner said...

WHOOOHOO you're getting started so soon! That's wonderful. So glad about the house, too. Congrats! I would be pissed about the insurance too - what a bunch of jerks. They didn't count on you fighting it - get 'em!

Wishing 4 One said...

Yeah for your house, so so exciting! And even more exciting March...wow can't wait to follow along. Good luck with your fight, those insurance co's can be a bitch!

Ms Heathen said...

I'm sorry that the insurance company is being so awkward, but am very happy to hear that you are moving forward both with the donor cycle and with the house move.

Here's to new beginnings!

1shosh said...

Congratulations on the house! You are truly an inspiration to me, with your inner strength and courage. Keep up the blogging!