The Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.
Here are the rules:
- Write your own six word memoir.
- Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
- Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
- Tag five more blogs with links.
- And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
I AM MORE THAN AN INFERTILE! Yes, that is a big part of my life, but, that is not, that WILL NOT be what defines me.
What do I want my 6 word memoir to say about me? A better question is probably "Who am I?".
I am a woman, wife, daughter, niece, sister, aunt, friend, American, jew, professional, volunteer, reader, Giants and Mets fan, singer, conservative, traditionalist, procrastinator, homebody, New Jerseyan, bagel-snob, chocoholic, blogger, organizer, family spokesperson, needlepointer, game lover, gadget geek, nestie, and infertile.
So, how do I sum all of that up into 6 words? I think this will do:
Guided by love, hope, and faith
So, now I have the honor of tagging five women and finding out how they will write their memoirs!
Michelle at Tales of an Infertile Woman
Ariella at Wishing for my Miracle
Sasha at IVF do you?
Christi at Our Journey
Amy at Make It Grand
Have fun, ladies!