Well, the sticks, or, more accurately, my body didn't behave and decided this would be a month where I would ovulate late. But, thankfully, I finally detected my surge on Sunday, CD19. Of course, that knocked me out of the window to have my endometrial biopsy today or Thursday, so, I'm scheduled for it next Tuesday.
Know the expression "the best laid plans of mice and men...."? When asked if we could schedule Glenn's angioplasty for today, I said, "oh no, that day is my biopsy", so, yep, you guessed it, we scheduled it for next Tuesday, now the day of my aforementioned biopsy!
We're going to do both. Mine has to happen that day and, well, we just don't want to change Glenn's. I'll probably drop Glenn on the west side of Manhattan, cab over to the east side, have my procedure, cab back and hopefully get there while he's in recovery. Not ideal, but, really, what good am I doing sitting in the waiting room worrying?
But, this was the least of my worries. I will be doing the estrogen priming protocol this cycle. You count 10 days after your surge and that's when you start the estrogen patches. Well, 10 days after CD19 seemed awful late to me and I was very worried they would cancel this IVF cycle until I ovulated at a more reasonable time. Thankfully, nope, they are just starting me on the meds earlier. So, I guess you can say that, as of this coming up Sunday, I will officially begin the meds (IVF patches and 3 days of ganirelix) for IVF #6!