Saturday, November 29, 2008

Baby Jack's Toy Drive

Many of you in the infertility blogosphere already know the story of Baby Jack, his parents Megan and PJ, and his beautiful sisters Charlotte and Katie. Megan writes, and, may I add, with wit, humor, intelligence, and poignancy, about her triplet pregnancy, the babies birth, the pain of losing Jack, and the thriving of her beautiful daughters over at Multiple Baby Pileup.

Jack lived for far too short a time but, in that time, that little boy touched more people's lives than anyone could ever imagine. And, his spirit lives on. In memory of him, his parents created the Jackson Malia Fund for Children with Special Needs.

I am honored to know this family personally. Megan and I sat in the RE waiting room together while she made Katie, Charlotte, and Jack and she has continued as a source of strength and support for me as I continue my struggle with infertility. I am pleased to call her my friend. I have held the girls and played with them and looked into their beautiful blue eyes. I know how important giving back in Jack's memory is to her. We'd all prefer for her to have him in her arms, but, what she and PJ and their families have done and continue to do in his memory is overwhelming.

A toy drive has been organized, in Jack's memory, with all of the toys being donated to the Children's Hospital of New Jersey. And, the way it's being done is absolutely brilliant! An Amazon Wishlist has been created with all sorts of items and all price levels. As Megan tells, one of her happiest memories with Jack was knowing that, thanks to the kindness of strangers, Santa visited Jack and left presents that she could open with him.

At this time of year, many people are looking for an opportunity to give back, to show their gratitude for all they have been given. I put this out as an option. A wonderful, beautiful, heartwarming option in memory of a sweet little boy who has touched so many.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1HPPZPT6DABO2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a wonderful cause! I will be sure to get my contribution in!