Friday, November 20, 2009

Separation Anxiety

First of all, I want to thank everyone for your comments on my last post!! I've really missed you all and you all made me feel so happy to be back!!!

As we get closer and closer to our due date, I find myself feeling wistful and sad at the thought of not being pregnant anymore. I absolutely cannot wait for this little girl to be here, and, in many ways, can't relax until she is here and I know she safe and healthy. But, I have truly enjoyed being pregnant. I love the little secret world that only she and I live in, where she tells me when she's awake, hungry, enjoying the munchkins I'm eating, etc....! Part of me isn't ready to share that with anyone else. Plus, poor thing, I feel bad that she has to go from munchkins to formula!!

But, that's not the only separation anxiety I'm dealing with. Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. Basically, my pelvic bones are separating, causing pain when my legs are uneven, such as walking, climbing stairs, getting in and out of the car, turning over in bed, etc.... Honestly, it's not too bad, more annoying. I started maternity leave this past Tuesday (yea!!!!) and, how ironic, that's the day this was diagnosed. I have a bunch of things - both inside and outside the house - I'm trying to get done, and this is just making it all a little more difficult.

But, it's really not too bad, at least not yet, and, I'm so close to delivering that, hopefully, it won't have time to get really bad!

The most important thing is that it, in now way, impacts the baby. She's doing great!!! The doctor this week said that she's so happy in there that she might come out in April, maybe May! But, she's getting ready. When they check my cervix (which isn't doing anything yet), they tell me that they can feel her head. Her head!!! We're just in a waiting game now!

4 comments:

stillhopeful said...

Ouch - that pelvis separation thing sounds painful. I wonder if that's what I was feeling a month or two back. Anyway, I hope it doesn't make your last few weeks too difficult.

So excited that you're in the finishing stretch. You must be close to, if not at that great 37w "full term" milestone! I have 2.5 weeks before I reach it.

Can't wait to hear about your birth experience, and how you're doing in the weeks leading up to it!

Infertile Myrtle said...

So sorry that you are experiencing pain, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm so excited for you!!! I've been following your blog since way before your BFP, and I've enjoyed following your progress. So glad you are back to blogging, and best of luck with delivery! :)

Michele said...

just so tickled pink for you!!!

Anonymous said...

When are you due?!

Doing IVF you treasure being pregnant SO much because you feel you are living a dream! I felt the same way, you want her out to see she is okay, but you love being pregnant. When I only had a week left, I wanted her out ot meet her, but treasure that last time together with her inside because every since she has been born, I MISS being pregnant. I'm glad she is out and healthy nad love her ot pieces, but I do miss being pregnant. And it's different than a normal person because I wonder - will I get pregnant again when we try IVF again? Not the WHEN will we try again feeling that a normal person has, they know they will be pregnant again. EJOY cuz soon she will be out and you will be awake in the middle of the night, enjoying being a MOMMY. It's truely the best gift in the whole world and I can cry just thinking about my little girl. We would like another so she has sibling, but if we have just one, we are still SO blessed and our life is complete. SO completed.