Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Things are picking up around here

Unfortunately, it's my blood pressure that has been picking up......

Started Sunday night. I've been checking my pressure 4x a day since May. Suddenly, Sunday night, it went way, way up. It was still really high Monday morning, so, I called the OB, went in, and it was still high in the office. So, they sent me to the hospital for monitoring. Everyone - the OB I saw that morning, the OB I saw in the hospital, the nurses, Glenn and I - everyone thought I was going to be admitted and have the baby today. Surprise! When they hooked me up, my BP's were back to normal!

They did, however, find some protein in my urine. So, they sent me home, on bedrest, and doing a 24 hour urine collection.

I had a perinatologist appointment this morning and my BP's were high again, but, when I laid down, they come down, so, as long as they are low when I'm laying, they are not ready to make the delivery decision.

However, all of the doctors agree that, since we are 37 weeks today (full term!!!), if there is any reason to move forward, it's a no-brainer and we still think there's a strong possibility it could happen this week. It's really going to come down to what my 24 hour urine collection shows tomorrow. I'm fairly certain it's going to show protein. I pounded water before I got to the doctor today, so, when I produced a sample, it was really light and there was no protein, but, I think that's because it processed through me fast. Before leaving the office, I had to go and collected it because I needed it for my jug. Since I had already collected it, I decided to dip it while I was still in the bathroom and it did show a trace of protein. So, I'm pretty sure the whole sample will show some. IF it does, and if it's enough, I'm fairly certain they'll bring me in and deliver me this week, maybe even on Thanksgiving!

This is all "maybe", but, well, we're all ready to just meet this baby already, so, a girl can hope, can't she?!

6 comments:

nishkanu said...

Wow! I'm sure this isn't the path you expected to take, but hey, you will be meeting your little one soon!! Congratulations, I will be thinking of you and hoping to follow in your footsteps in the next week or two. I am really excited for you!

Soapchick said...

Best wishes on your delivery. I know you are looking forward to meeting your little one! Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving!

Ms Heathen said...

Glad to hear from you...

Thinking of you and hoping that all goes smoothly with your delivery.

stillhopeful said...

How exciting!! Congratulations on full term, and being so close to delivery. Imagine... bringing your baby home over Thanksgiving weekend... I hope everything goes smoothly if that's the way it works out!

Bee Cee said...

Wow, it's all happening fast now. I get all emotional just thinking about 'nearly' being ready to meet our little one. It must be mind blowing!

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

Michele said...

WOW!!! While I am not excited about the BP and protein, you are FULL TERM!!! That is awesome!!!