Thursday, November 26, 2009

What I'm most thankful for this year

This time, last year, our 7th IVF failed. It may, possibly, have been the lowest point in my life. We decided to go for a 4th opinion, to CCRM, but couldn't schedule the phone consult until January. The end of 2008 was just such a low time.

Then, after 3 terrible years of terrible things happening in our families, along came 2009. First of all, we finally sold our house in early January, after 16 months on the market, and bought our forever house. Then, we had our CCRM phone consult, where we were told that we had done everything there was to do and there was nothing else to try and we should re-consider DE (which we had previously considered).

Now, some might think that was a bad message, but, in a bizarre way, it wasn't. Through the graces of G-d, I was finally ready to hear that message. That's not to say that the decision to use DE was easy or that I won't always wonder if "just one more" might have been the IVF that would have produced my genetic child.

But, I truly could not be more thankful today to G-d for helping me make that very difficult decision, maybe the most difficult one of my life, but the very decision that has directly resulted in the incredible joy of feeling this baby dancing inside of me, days away from, through his grace, joining us on the outside!

6 comments:

Michele said...

happy thanksgiving!

Bluebird said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. And happy Thanksgiving :)

nishkanu said...

I am so with you, Lisa!!

Jessica White said...

Definitely lots to be thankful for :-) The Lord works in mysterious ways...

I'm thinking about you and praying that all goes smooth with your little ones arival.

Anonymous said...

I've been following you along now for over year - and I am just so happy to hear all is well - it gives me hope. Thank you so much -and best wishes to you and family!

Anonymous said...

I always wonder how I will feel once I am pregnant! DE has so many issues to think about. Thanks for the post.