Monday, May 5, 2008

Milestones

Today marks the two year anniversary of our first RE appointment. Yes, we tried on our own for 11 months before that, but, I really look at the start of treatments as our real chance. Unlike many people who use OPK's and timed intercourse, then build up to clomid, then try clomid IUI's, then injectible IUI's, and, finally, IVF, we didn't take that route. We went right to IVF. Let's just say, it's been two long years of invasive, hopeful-only-to-have-your-heart-ripped-out-of-your-chest treatments BUT I believe I'm a stronger person for it because here I am, still standing on the other side of that two years!

Oh, and, yes, today is also my 39th birthday! Thus starts the countdown to 40!

2 comments:

Dagny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Ariella said...

I missed you B-day! I am sorry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!