4 Things I did 10 Years Ago - 1998
- At the end of 1997, I left NJ and moved to the DC area, so, 1998 was a year for me to explore my new home and learn to love DC even more than I already did.
- I worked on a consulting project where the housing allowance was quite generous and I lived in a corporate apartment that cost half of what I was given. In 10 months I banked a lot off that project!
- I had my one and only gym membership, because my company paid for it - and actually went every day!
- Got stuck on an airplane on the tarmac for 13.5 hours on a flight that NEVER took off. The flight was supposed to be 50 minutes, from Newark to DC, so there was no food on the plane.
4 Things I did 5 Years Ago - 2003
- New Year's Eve '03/'04 - decided I was done with the guy I'd been dating on and off for the previous year and a half. (ps - I met Glenn 3 weeks later!)
- Decided to leave consulting, which required 100% travel, and took a local job. Best decision I made, except that I went to a lousy company (which I was only at for a little over a year, thank goodness).
- Took a vacation after not taking one for years. I rented an ocean front beach house on Long Beach Island. It rained the entire week!
- Decided to become a Big Sister. Went through the screening and was matched with a 12 year old girl. We still have a relationship today.
4 Things I did Yesterday
- Woke to Glenn having breathing difficulty and rushed him to the ER
- Spent 7 hours in the hospital to, thankfully, get a diagnosis of pneumonia
- Made a kick-ass pot of chicken soup with matzah balls AND noodles!
- Went to chorus rehearsal in the city and sang, almost nonstop, for 3 hours (we have a concert this Sunday, so it was an intense rehearsal).
4 TV Shows I Love to Watch
- The Mets!
- All home improvement/selling your house shows!
- Research and Plan (parties, vacations, holidays, day trips, etc....)
- Spend time on the internet!